Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sophomore year- Quarter 1 Fall 2010

This fall was a challenging quarter, I took Drawing for Design, Model and Prototype Development, and Survey of Western Art 2. I thought I'd post a few projects from my model shop and drawing class just to recap on the past 10 weeks.
This is the start of my lamp on the wood lathe, I'm turning the block of wood into a cylinder before I carve out the shape.
Me working on the wood lathe, covered in wood chips
The finished form!
Now I cut it in half
Vacuum form plastic around each half
Two sides cut out, bondo-ed, and sanded ready to prime and paint. Pictures coming after winter break seeing as the lamp is in Georgia.
"Golf Cart Project"
This project was a team challenge, the class was split into two groups, golf cart and motorcycle. We had one week to construct a full scale golf cart using limited materials. Foam-core, adhesive, and pink foam where necessary. This assignment was to demonstrate fast prototyping out of cheap materials and team work. 



Redesigning an electric handheld home appliance.
Out of blue Ren foam I sculpted my form, using paint and metal mesh I tried to make it look as realistic as possible.



Drawing for Design Final
Draw a toy motorcycle in perspective then edit it



No comments:

Post a Comment